1. Firstly start by preparing the okra. Wet some kitchen paper or a clean cloth with water and wipe the outside of them well to remove any dirt.
2. Chop off the stalky tip and slice down the middle lengthways.
3. Mix the gram flour in a shallow bowl with the turmeric powder. Add the okra and mix well.
4. Heat up enough oil to deep fry the seasoned okra. Pop the okra in a sieve and shake off any excess flour. This will stop them getting too claggy and so stay crispy.
5. Deep fry for a few minutes, moving them around until they turn crispy and golden.
6. In the meantime mix together the chilli powder, salt, black pepper, roasted cumin powder, amchoor powder (if using) and a good pinch of sugar.
7. When the okra is crispy, remove and drain on absorbent paper.
8. Whilst warm sprinkle the spice seasoning over them generously.
9. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding a little more chilli powder if you like, before squeezing over the lime and serving.