1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / gas 6.
2. Lay the aubergines on a baking tray, ideally in one layer, and add the garlic cloves.
3. Drizzle over half the oil and sprinkle over the cumin seeds. Rub all over the aubergines and sprinkle over a good pinch of sea salt.
4. Roast in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes, until the flesh is soft.
5. Remove from the oven and take the garlic out of their skins. Place in a pestle & mortar with the chilli and most of the fresh mint. Bash until soft and pour in the remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
6. Lay the aubergines on a large plate and drizzle the aubergines with the chilli balsamic dressing. Sprinkle over the remaining mint and serve.
Anjali’s Tip If you fancy adding a little something special then crumble over some salty feta.