1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
2. Lay the salmon steaks on a greased baking tray.
3. Make the marinade by mixing together the oil, honey, soy sauce, fennel seeds and ginger. Squeeze in the orange juice.
4. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Pour the marinade over the salmon.
5. Slice the orange into slices and lay over the salmon and sprinkle over the thyme and a good pinch of salt.
6. Roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until just cooked and slightly pink in the centre.
7. Serve with a fresh green salad.