Blueberry Cinnamon Pancakes
Serves: 2 people
You can really go to town with the flavourings and toppings with this recipe. These are pancakes, not to be confused with crepes, so just use the base recipe and add whatever you fancy.
I love mine with cinnamon and the traditional maple syrup, but why not try crushed green cardamom seeds instead. And if you prefer, you can poke in the blueberries as soon as you start pouring in the batter instead of sprinkling them over after they are cooked.
- 115 g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 150 ml milk
- pinch of salt
- good pinch cinnamon powder, to taste
- good handful of blueberries
- butter for frying
- maple syrup for serving
1. In a blender whizz all the ingredients together apart from the blueberries and maple syrup. Don't pour it out of the blender.
2. If you have time then leave the batter for around half an hour.
3. Fry a little butter in a frying pan and slowly pour out the pancake batter. It will spread so keep pouring to the size you like, mini or large.
4. Wait for little bubbles to start showing on the top before flipping over and cooking on the other side.
5. Serve with a good drizzle of maple syrup, and a little dusting of more cinnamon powder if you fancy.