1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas 3.
2. In a heavy based casserole pan/dish heat the oil and add the pancetta.
3. As it starts to turn golden brown and go crispy, rip up and stir in the dried chillies, making sure you add in all the loose seeds. Stir in the cinnamon, black pepper, bay leaves, onion and mushrooms (if using).
4. After a few mins the onion will have softened. Stir in the garlic.
5. Saute for 1 minute before pouring in the white wine. Leave to reduce for a few mins.
6. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
7. Add the garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, sugar, salt and half the fresh coriander. Stir well and bring to the boil.
8. After a few mins taste the sauce and check if it needs more salt or sugar.
9. Place the chicken pieces in the pan making sure they are covered in the soup like sauce.
10. Pop a lid on and bake in the oven for 40 minutes before removing the lid and returning to the oven to allow the chicken skin to crisp up slightly for the last 5 minutes.
11. Test the chicken is cooked through before sprinkling over the remaining fresh coriander.
12. Serve with some mashed potatoes and green veg for the perfect winter warmer!