1. Gently heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the bay leaf and cumin seeds.
2. When they start to sizzle add the onions and fry until light golden brown. This should take about 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and around 100ml water.
4. Drizzle in the honey and sprinkle in the paprika, chilli, herbs and sea salt. Roughly chop the stalks of the fresh coriander and add this to the shakshuka. Stir well and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
5. Taste the tomatoes and adjust the seasoning if required. Make 4 wells in the pan and crack in the eggs, trying not to break the yolks.
6. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, or until the egg whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your liking. Traditionally the yolks are always runny, but cook them the way you prefer.
7. Serve sprinkled with the coriander leaves and some crusty bread for dipping.