1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
2. Cut the aubergine slices in a criss-cross pattern on one side. Lay them on a greased baking tray.
3. Drizzle over most of the olive oil and sprinkle over the turmeric powder, caraway seeds and black pepper.
4. Sprinkle over some sea salt.
5. Slit the chilli down the middle and carefully remove the seeds, or you can leave them in if you like your dishes hot.
6. In the corner of the baking tray put the chilli and garlic cloves and drizzle over the rest of the olive oil.
7. Roast in the oven for 35-45 minutes until they are soft and golden brown.
8. Slice the roasted chilli and remove the skins of the roasted garlic. Sprinkle over the aubergines with some fresh coriander and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Anjali’s Tip I like to make a dip by mixing yoghurt with some stir fried onions to tone down the chilli heat.