1. Heat a dry frying pan and toast the cumin seeds and black peppercorns until they are fragrant. It should only take a few minutes.
2. Transfer into a pestle and mortar and grind them with the dried oregano and a good pinch of salt.
3. Rub the dry marinade all over the chicken thighs and pop in a hot pan with a little oil.
4. Allow to brown on both sides before stirring in the chipotle chilli paste, passata, smoked paprika, honey and vinegar.
5. Reduce the heat a little to allow the chicken to cook through and pop a lid on to catch all the steam.
6. After around 10 minutes the chicken will be cooked.
7. Turn off the heat, shred the chicken off the bone and stir in the delicious chipotle marinade in the pan.
8. Stir through the coriander and taste. Adjust with salt and more honey to balance the flavours.
9. Pile into the bread baps and drizzle over more marinade if you like it saucy. Add a few gherkins to the plate for some salty crunch.