1. Firstly start by preparing the okra. Wet some kitchen paper or a clean cloth with water and wipe the outside of them well to remove any dirt.
2. Chop off the stalky tip, and finely slice them into rounds as thin as you can, including the red chilli, removing the seeds if you like.
3. Sprinkle the gram flour in a shallow bowl and toss in the okra and red chilli.
4. Heat up a little oil, enough to deep fry the seasoned okra and chilli. Sieve the okra and chilli shaking off any excess flour so they don't get too claggy.
5. Deep fry for a few minutes, moving them around so they turn crispy and golden.
6. In the meantime mix together the chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, black pepper, sugar and roasted cumin powder.
7. When the okra and chilli has turned crispy, remove and drain on absorbent paper.
8. Whilst they are still warm sprinkle the spice seasoning over them generously.
9. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding a little more chilli powder if you like, before squeezing over the lime and serving.