Cinnamon Summer Berries with Lemon Cardamom Cream
Serves: 2 people
Summer berries are bursting with fresh flavours and they taste amazing with any sweet spices, especially cinnamon and cardamom.
Try not to let the sugar syrup thicken too much as it will be too chewy when you eat the berries.
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise (optional)
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 6 green cardamom pods, husk removed and seeds crushed
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 300 g summer berries, I like raspberries, strawberries, redcurrants and blueberries
- few fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
1. Firstly make the sugar syrup. Heat the sugar in a pan with 2 tablespoons of water, cinnamon sticks and star anise (if using).
2. Make the lemon cardamom cream by mixing together the crème fraiche, green cardamom seeds and lemon zest. Squeeze in a little juice as well.
3. Once the sugar syrup has thickened a little, pour some into the crème fraiche and mix well. Taste and add more syrup if you like it sweet.
4. Pour the remaining syrup over the summer berries. Top with a good dollop of crème fraiche and garnish with some fresh mint sprigs.