1. Gently wash the poha in a sieve and leave aside to drain. Check it has softened after a few minutes, and sprinkle over a little water if you need to.
2. In a frying pan, gently heat the oil and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
3. After a minute they will start to sizzle, stir in the curry leaves (if using), onions and green chilli.
4. Allow to soften for a few minutes and then add in the potatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder and peanuts.
5. Stir well and add the slightly softened poha.
6. Stir well trying not to break up the potatoes and allow to cook for a few minutes until it is warmed through.
7. Sprinkle in the fresh coriander and stir in a good pinch of salt, sugar and lemon/lime juice.
8. Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving hot with a nice cup of homemade chai.
Anjali's Tip : Curry leaves are available in all ethnic stores and sometimes in supermarkets with the fresh herbs. They lose their flavour once dried so only use them fresh or you can always pop an extra bag in your freezer and use them from frozen.