1. In a large pestle & mortar pound together the garlic, ginger, red chillies, spring onion, lime zest, lime juice and olive oil
2. When they are all crushed together, and you can leave it quite coarse, stir in the honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, smoked paprika and coriander. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. Stir well and taste. Adjust the seasoning if you need to. It should taste hot and sweet with hints of lime and zesty ginger.
4. Add the marinade to the chicken joints, cover and leave in the fridge for a few hours. If you have time then leave it overnight.
5. Cook on a BBQ or in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/gas 4 for around 30 minutes until cooked through and crispy.