1. In a pan gently heat the oil and saute the onions for around 10 minutes, or until they are starting to change colour.
2. Add the turmeric powder and bay leaves and saute for about a minute before stirring in the coriander seeds and cumin powder.
3. Add a little chicken stock if the masala is starting to stick and burn.
4. After around 2 minutes stir in the garlic paste and all the chillies.
5. Saute for a few minutes and add the chicken pieces. Stir well and try and get all the masala off the base of the pan.
6. Pour in the chicken stock and add half the fresh coriander.
7. Bring to a simmer before popping a lid on and leaving the chicken the cook through for 35 - 45 minutes.
8. Check the chicken is cooked through before carefully removing it from the masala and setting aside for a few mins whilst you finish off the sauce.
9. Turn the heat down to low and stir through the yoghurt. Allow it all to heat through before tasting it and adjusting the salt if needed. Remember that the chicken stock will have salt already so you may not need to add any.
10. Add the chicken back to the sauce and sprinkle over the remaining coriander (and any extra chillies if you like yours with more heat).
11. Serve with some simple fresh pilau rice.