1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
2. Keep aside 2 garlic cloves, and pop all the veg in a large roasting tray, including the ripped up ciabatta and lemon.
3. Finely chop the garlic and throw in a bowl with the olive oil, the spices and the chipotle chilli paste.
4. Rub half the marinade over the veg and then add the chicken, rubbing the remaining marinade all over it, loosening the skin and getting some under there as well.
5. Drizzle over a generous amount of balsamic vinegar and sprinkle well with oregano and salt.
6. Roast in the oven, tossing it every now and again, for around 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is blistered.
7. Serve on its own or add some green leaves for a simple dinner.