1. Make the crumble topping by sifting the plain flour in a bowl and rubbing in the butter with your hands until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon powder and pop in the fridge to chill.
3. Now make the muffins. Firstly preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
4. In a saucepan heat the butter, honey and vanilla extract until melted.
5. Turn off the heat and add the raisins.
6. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon powder and salt.
7. Peel and core the dessert apples and cut into small chunks.
8. Add to the melted butter mixture and stir in the eggs and milk. Mix well and transfer the whole mixture to the flour bowl.
9. Quickly stir together the ingredients making sure you don't over mix. Only a few times and there will still be lumps but that will make a lighter muffin.
10. Using a tablespoon fill the muffin cases. Generously sprinkle over the crumble topping.
11. Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until they are springy when pressed and the topping has started to turn golden brown.
12. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.