1. Heat half the oil in a pan and fry the cumin seeds until light golden brown.
2. Stir in the spring onions, garlic and chilli.
3. After a minute or so stir in the smoked paprika and rosemary. Stir and turn off the heat after 30 seconds. Leave the mixture to cool a few minutes.
4. In a large bowl mix together the mince, chutney (it will add tonnes of flavour but you can leave it out if you don't fancy it) and spring onion mixture.
5. Crack in the egg and season well with salt and pepper. Mix well.
6. Grease your hands lightly with oil and form burger shapes using the mixture. You can make 4 large burgers out of this amount or 8 mini sliders.
7. If you are adding cheese then make a large dip in the centre of each burger and add about a tablespoon of cheese in there. Wrap some more meat around the outside so it is encased in the middle.
8. Place on a plate and wrap in cling film before popping in the fridge to relax for 15 minutes or so.
9. Gently heat up the remaining oil and fry the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked all the way through. Remember that the flatter they are, the quicker they will cook. If you find they have browned too much and still not fully cooked through then pop in a moderate preheated oven for a few minutes to finish cooking.
10. Serve simply the classic way with a bun, salad, crispy bacon if you like and your favourite relish.