1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Butter and line a 2 lb loaf tin well with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and zest of 1 lemon, a little at a time, until well mixed.
4. Sift in the flour, salt and cinnamon powder. Stir well leaving no traces of flour.
5. Add the milk and raisins (if using) and stir through before spooning it all into the lined loaf tin.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 - 45 minutes.
7. In the meantime make the lemon drizzle. Mix together the lemon juice and zest of the remaining lemon with the icing sugar and heat gently to form a syrup.
8. Test the cake by inserting a clean skewer into the centre. It should come out clean with no batter sticking to it.
9. As soon as it is out of the oven skewer holes into it all over so that as much syrup can be absorbed as possible. Pour over the lemon syrup and leave in the tin to get completely cold.
10. Turn out the cake onto a board and slice thickly.